This is how arbitration under the SCC Rules and the SCC Rules for Expedited Arbitrations is commenced.
Arbitration is commenced when the claimant files a request for arbitration with the SCC. At the same time as the request is filed, the claimant shall pay a registration fee.
The request for arbitration shall include:
- a statement of the names, addresses, telephone and facsimile numbers and e-mail addresses of the parties and their counsel;
- a summary of the dispute;
- a preliminary statement of the relief sought by the claimant;
- a copy or description of the arbitration agreement or clause under which the dispute is to be settled;
- any comments on the number of arbitrators and the seat of arbitration; and
- if applicable, the name, address, telephone number, facsimile number and e-mail address of the arbitrator appointed by the claimant.
EU companies are requested to state their VAT No.
Electronic case management - submission of the request for arbitration
The request for arbitration and annexes should, to the extent possible, be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only if the request for arbitration cannot be sent by electronic means, paper copies1 should be sent to:
Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 16050
SE-103 21 Stockholm
1 Please note that if the scope of the request of arbitration and/or annexes is extensive, e.g. comprising ring binders and/or material presented on other media, making it unsuitable for electronic submission, the documentation should be provided to the SCC in as many copies as necessary to make it possible to send a copy each to the respondent(s), the SCC and the arbitrator(s).
Under the SCC Rules the registration fee amounts to EUR 1,875, of which 375 EUR is VAT. Under the Rules for Expedited Arbitrations the registration fee amounts to EUR 1,250, of which 250 EUR is VAT.
VAT is not applicable for companies with seat outside Sweden.
The registration fee should be paid to the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce's account with Danske Bank Stockholm. Please attach a copy of the bank transfer details.
Account No. (IBAN): SE8612000000013423600950
VAT No. SE556095795201
When effecting the payment, please indicate the claimant's name as reference.