The SCC Mediation Rules offer a speedy
and cost-effective dispute resolution method for parties wishing to avoid litigation and arbitral proceedings.
Parties often continue to co-operate after the closure of a successful SCC mediation procedure. This illustrates the great advantage of mediation as compared with arbitration and litigation.
A condition for mediation is that the parties are in agreement to use a mediator. Such agreement may be included in a business contract as a mediation clause
SCC Mediation advantages
– The mediator shall complete his or her task within two months.
– By a speedy resolution the parties can focus on profitable business activities rather than spending time and money on dispute resolution.
– The outcome of mediation proceedings is an agreement between the parties.
– The settlement agreement can be confirmed in an arbitral award.
– Any persons participating shall respect the confidentiality of the mediation.
More practical information about SCC mediation